The Mahtomedi Garden Club is interested in initiatives that promote good
stewardship and conservation of the Earth and its resources.
Here are some ways you can "go green," according to the July/August
issue of Northern Gardener magazine:
- Plant a tree. Trees produce shade and-- when planted near your house-- cut
down on the need for air conditioning, and remove carbon from the air.
- Reduce use of gasoline powered engines. Use a push mover. Ride a bike to
- Keep your car tuned and your tires fully inflated.
- Walk, ride your bike, or take public transportation.
- Turn off electronics and lights when not in use.
- Purchase appliances that display the Energy Star label.
- Replace traditional light bulbs with energy efficient fluorescent bulbs or